Preparation: 5 minutes. Marinate: 1 hour min.
Yoğurtlu Havuç is a Turkish recipe that combines grated carrot, garlic and yoghurt. The simplicity of the ingredients really lets the sweetness of the carrot shine.
It's typically served as a meze - one of a number of small dishes eaten together as a meal or as the starter to a meal. It would go equally well as a BBQ side dish.
- 2 large carrots
- a glug of olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- Pinch of rock salt
- 3 heaped tablespoons of natural yoghurt - I used Total Greek yoghurt.
- Grate the carrot. Warm a saute pan and put in a glug of olive oil. Add the grated carrots and stir gently for a few minutes so they warm through and wilt a little. Set aside to cool.
- Grind the garlic to a paste in a pestle and mortar, using the rock salt as an abrasive to help in grinding it down.
- Stir the garlic into the yoghurt and then add the cooled carrot. Stir to combine.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in fridge for at least an hour to let the flavours develop.
- Serve with other meze and bread.