Makes 2 large (6 inch) tacos.
Preparation: 10 minutes. Cooking: 20 minutes.
Smoked pheasant and a spicy cheesy sauce make this a mouthwatering posh taco.
- Meat from a smoked pheasant, roughly chopped
- Knob of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 poblano pepper (blackened, skin removed)
- 1 tomato
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Blob of soured cream
- 2 tbsp soft goats cheese
- Pinch salt & twist of black pepper
- 2 flour tortillas
- salad leaves
- a few toasted pumpkin seeds
- parmesan cheese
- Put a nob of butter in a warmed sauté pan and as it melts add clove of garlic, smoked pheasant and a pinch of paprika. Warm through slowly.
- Make the sauce - put 2 cloves garlic, the jalapeno and poblano peppers, tomato and coriander into a blender and whizz to a puree.
- Add a small amount of oil to a second sauté pan and add the sauce mixture. Bring up to a boil then simmer.
- After a few minutes stir in the soured cream and goats cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted into the sauce and then turn off the heat.
- Warm the flour tortillas in a dry pan or in the oven.
- Assemble dish by spreading sauce on a tortilla and then layering salad leaves, warmed pheasant and sprinkle a few toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Grate a little parmesan over the taco before serving.