Preparation: about 3 minutes.
Sangrita is a spicy Mexican tomato and orange based drink that is traditionally served alongside tequila - the idea is to sip from each in turn rather than knocking it down as a shot. There are many different recipes for Sangrita - this is my attempt at creating a quick and easy recipe using ingredients that are readily available in UK supermarkets.
- A handful of ice cubes
- 200ml Big Tom spicy tomato juice
- 150ml Tropicana Orange & Lime juice
- A couple of sprigs of fresh coriander
- A big pinch of black pepper and a small pinch of salt
- Tabasco sauce to taste - I added a lot.
- Bung all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz them together.