Preparation: 5 minutes. Cooking: 20 minutes.
The flavours of the tomatoes and spinach in this dish blend really well with the potatoes. They would go well with kofte, guvec or many other dishes.
- Half a bag of spinach (approx 200g), washed.
- 4 medium sized potatoes peeled and cut into large sections
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- Tomato puree (I used sundried tomato puree)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a pan and sauté the onions and potatoes for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, whizz up the tomatoes and tomato puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add the spinach and blended tomato mixture to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Put lid on the pan - the steam will cause the spinach to wilt and release extra cooking liquid to the pan.
- When spinach has wilted, add salt & pepper to taste, cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Leave simmering until the potatoes are cooked through.