Makes about 4 pints.
Preparation: 10 minutes.
I first made these Watermelon Margaritas when I had a load of watermelon left over from making Watermelon Pork Tacos.
The Watermelon Margarita recipe is really simple and the end result is deceptively refreshing but quite potent.
- Half a watermelon, preferably seedless.
- 2 limes
- 350ml Tequila - I used Costco Tequila Añejo
- 175ml Triple sec
- 2 handfuls of ice.
- Crush the ice in a blender.
- Chop the watermelon into smallish chunks, avoiding seeds, and add to the blender. Whizz it up.
- (Optionally) strain the blended watermelon through a sieve into a large jug or punch bowl.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have about 3 pints of watermelon juice.
- Add tequila, triple sec and juice of 2 limes to the watermelon juice and stir.
- Keep refrigerated and stir before pouring into glasses. Optionally wipe the rim of the glass with lime juice and dip into crushed rock salt.