I had some mini corn tortillas (4 inch diameter) left over in the fridge so I thought I'd have a go at using them as the basis of a quick lunch with other bits and bobs that I had lying around. The result was this tasty and moreish mini Quesadilla recipe.
- 4 x 4 inch corn tortillas - 6 inch ones would work just as well
- 2 spring onions
- Some crumbled feta cheese
- Some thinly sliced chorizo
- Some chile sauce - I used Valentia Extra Picante, one of my favourite Mexican sauces
- Preheat a sauté pan or other heavy bottomed pan. If it's not non-stick wipe a bit of olive oil round the pan with kitchen roll to barely oil it.
- Put a tortilla in the hot pan and wait about 20 seconds for it to start to warm through.
- Flip the tortilla and put cheese, spring onion, chorizo and chile sauce on it.
- Fold the tortilla over and hold it flat with a spatula until it toasts nicely.
- Flip the tortilla and toast the other side.
- Remove from pan and serve.