Here's a quick tip to show you how to cut a mango into cubes.
The big problem with a mango is that it has a large, flat stone that can be difficult to cut around. Also, the fruit is slippery and juicy, so it's not easy to just peel it and chop away the mango into cubes.
The picture above shows the technique pretty clearly.
- Hold the mango so that it is standing on it's narrower side.
- Cut away the 2 'cheeks' as per the picture - this leaves the stone in the central chunk.
- Score the mango flesh in the cheeks and then hold the mango cheek with the flesh facing away from you and push the centre of the back part so that the scored flesh pops out.
- Carefully cut the exposed mango into cubes.
- Now peel the remaining central part of the mango and graduclly chop off long slices and cut them into mango cubes. You should be left with the stone and very little wasted flesh.