Serves: 4 to 6 as an accompaniment
Preparation: 10 minutes. Cooking: 15 minutes
These quick and easy stuffed peppers can be prepared in the oven or on a covered barbecue grill. The toasted pumpkin seeds add a nutty crunch to the dish.
- One pack of sweet peppers (I got mine from Sainsburys but other supermarkets stock them too)
- 125g Soft goats cheese
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- Slice 6 sweet peppers in half, lengthwise and remove veins and seeds.
- Press soft goats cheese into the cavity of each sweet pepper half.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan - ensuring they don't catch - and allow to cool before sprinkling on a chopping board.
- Press the stuffed sweet peppers, cheese side down, into the toasted pumpkin seeds and place on a baking tray.
- Place the peppers in a pre-heated oven (180C) or on a barbecue grill. If cooking on barbecue have a 'cool zone' where there are no coals / the gas burner is low that the peppers can be shifted to if they look like they are catching.
- Cook for 15 minutes or so. Remove from heat and serve as an accompaniment to barbecue meats.