Serves: 6 with leftovers
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Marinating time: min 1 hour. Cooking time: 90 mins +
This is one of those "knock it up and see what happens" recipes that actually worked out very well.
- 1.5 kg lamb shoulder
- 90g jar Belazu Rose Harissa (or similar)
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed to a paste with rock salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed from woody stalks and chopped finely
- A glug of olive oil
- Place the lamb shoulder in a dish and prick all over with a fork or sharp knife to allow the marinade to penetrate the meat.
- Mix the other ingredients together in a bowl and slather them over the lamb.
- Cover and leave to marinate on the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes and then remove from fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking (as in this recipe)
- Place the lamb on the barbecue, cover and let it roast.
- After 90 minutes test the internal temperature of the lamb using a meat thermometer. It should be about 77C for medium up to 82C for well done.