Serves 4 to 6 as a dip
Preparation time 5 minutes, cooking time 0 minutes
This salsa verde is quick and easy to make and it tastes delicious - slightly spicy and refreshing.
- 800g can tomatillos (approx 480g drained)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 scallion (large spring onion)
- handful of fresh corianger
- 12 slices of pickled jalapeno chilli (more or less to taste)
- Roughly chop the garlic, scallion and coriander.
- Place garlic, scallion and coriander into blender with the jalapeno slices and blend.
- Drain the tinned tomatillos. Add half to the blender and whizz until very smooth.
- Add the rest of the tomatillos to the blender and whizz briefly.
The salsa verde can served as a dip immediately but it does improve if left to rest in the fridge for half an hour or so.
I use a KitchenAid Artisan blender to make great salsas.